The Business Analyst will facilitate assigned Products by serving as a liaison between product management and the technical team. The Business Analyst is responsible to elicit, understand, analyze, document, refine and communicate business needs to support delivery teams building effective solutions. The Business Analyst collaborates across product, technology, operations, and marketing functions and may also be required to write user stories, help manage the product backlog and recommend prioritization, and support collection and analysis of multiple data sources.
- Performing detailed requirements analysis, writing technical specifications, documenting user acceptance testing and being involved in the cross-team collaboration and communication required for successful deployments
- Evaluating business processes, anticipating requirements, performing gap analysis, root cause analysis and outlining the problem, uncovering areas for improvement
- Defining detailed business requirement, functional requirements, and non-functional requirements
- Creating process flow diagram, data flow diagrams, systems context diagrams, Use case diagrams and other visual models
- Finding system risks and defining solution to address and eliminate these risks
- Create user stories for business and functional requirements, including workflow, business rules, and use cases
- Ability to work collaboratively as a fully contributing team member and performs essential tasks to translate business requirements and define/help to implement the journey of data – whether transformation and ingestion of an external data source, or generation of outbound data assets
- Aiding the team by eliminating external blockers/ impediments and managing internal roadblocks through process or workflow improvements
- Supporting the teams in constantly improving the quality of their deliverables and meeting the Definition of Done
- Support the project right from the requirements gathering until the implementation. Partner with subject matter experts to discover, define, assess, and document business needs and requirements. Must be able to quickly establish credibility while working in new subject areas and with various areas of the business (marketing, operations, finance, business development, customer support, etc.)
- Manage the product backlog of requirements to support development activities related to the product roadmap
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements and deliver the following artifacts as needed: user stories, business requirements, business rules, use cases, screen mock-ups, and process flows
- Engage directly with business partners to determine business requirements and develop new processes to improve efficiency. Develop and implement process improvement recommendations to satisfy business unit functions and goals
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, business, or related field required
- A minimum of five to seven years of related experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Extremely proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software program
- Extremely organized with great attention to detail
- Excellent management skills with the ability to lead, facilitate, motivate, and organize
- Strong technical skills
- Ability to adapt to change
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to learn quickly and to creatively solve new problems
- Ability to negotiate and settle differences quickly and peacefully
- Ability to act as a team player
- Experience in an Agile environment
- Experience in the FinTech industry
- Product management knowledge
Aliaswire is an innovative fintech company based in Boston with a strong track record in delivering patented payments solutions. The company supports leading financial institutions and merchant services providers with turnkey payment and credit offerings built on highly flexible architecture that facilitates simple, rapid deployment. Aliaswire solutions are cloud-based and always-on, providing real-time activity within its PCI-compliant environment.
Physical Job Requirements
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
It is the policy of Aliaswire to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Aliaswire will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.