- Maintains a documented system of accounting policies and procedures; implements a system of controls over accounting transactions to minimize risk
- Oversees the production of periodic financial reports; ensures that the reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles or international financial reporting standards
- Recommends benchmarks that will be used to measure the company’s performance
- Advises business units on and assists with implementation of accounting and budgeting policies
- Produces the annual budget and forecasts; reports significant budget differences to management
- Works with external auditors and provides needed information for the annual audit
- Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal government requirements
- Performs other related duties as necessary or assigned
- Oversees the operations of the Accounting Department, which include accounts payable, accounts receivable, bank reconciliations, and payroll
- Oversees training programs and identifies training needs
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in the fintech/payments/money-moving industry
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration
- Excellent management and supervisory skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Proficient in accounting and tax preparation software
- Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designation
- Proficient in NetSuite or similar software
Aliaswire is an innovative fintech company based in Boston with a strong track record in delivering patented payments solutions. The company supports leading financial institutions and merchant services providers with turnkey payment and credit offerings built on highly flexible architecture that facilitates simple, rapid deployment. Aliaswire solutions are cloud-based and always-on, providing real-time activity within its PCI-compliant environment.
Physical Job Requirements
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
It is the policy of Aliaswire to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Aliaswire will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
This employer participates in the federal E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees. For further information about the E-Verify program, please click here: http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employees
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.