Join the Team Changing Payments
Aliaswire is leading the way in innovation for payment services and developing the most partner-centric payments company one partnership at a time. To help us continue our success in the market we are looking for individuals with strong technology, service, and support skills. We want your creativity, excitement, energy, and hard work ethic to help us continue to deliver great solutions to our customers.
Aliaswire, a leading innovator in the payment processing industry, is looking for a Database Engineer to operate and scale its Linux based SaaS platform infrastructure in order to meet the demands of the rapid growth ahead.
The Aliaswire Payments Platform as a Service was designed to give banks, merchant acquirors and financial service providers a suite of boutique payment services that integrate with and compliment their traditional bank offerings. Aliaswire was built on the premise that every business survives, thrives or dies based on how they manage cash flow. Today we operate on the promise that we will help companies succeed, from the smallest to the largest, by giving them access to secure, innovative and feature-rich payment solutions that will help them grow and win in a competitive world.
- Administrate production and non-production MySQL databases used by two SaaS applications hosted in multiple datacenter locations
- Work on Linux-based database servers, including installing and upgrading databases and related OS patches
- Design and implement clustering and active-active strategies for MySQL
- Implement monitoring and alerting for MySQL databases
- Collaborate with application development teams, troubleshoot and fix performance issues
- Collaborate with InfoSec teams and make sure necessary security tools and procedures are implemented in order to secure production data
- Design, implement and document database operating procedures
- Participate in and help improve Incident response procedures
- Participate in and help improve DR/BCP procedures
- On-call duties
- 5+ years administrating large MySQL databases in production
- Extensive hands-on experience working on Linux based servers in production
- Extensive hands-on experience writing and optimizing SQL code
- Extensive hands-on experience monitoring MySQL databases
- Hands-on experience designing and implementing database clustering/active-active strategies
- Strong troubleshooting skills and proven track record solving database performance problems
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Start-up DNA, hands-on mentality, integrity, and reliability
- Ability to collaborate across the organization to gain trust and develop solutions rapidly to urgent business needs
- Familiarity with the Financial Services Industry (FINTECH)
- Experience working in an agile environment using SCRUM process preferred
Physical job Requirements
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
It is the policy of Aliaswire to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Aliaswire will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.