Join the Team Changing Payments
Aliaswire is leading the way in innovation for payment services and developing the most partner-centric payments company one partnership at a time. To help us continue our success in the market we are looking for individuals with strong technology, service, and support skills. We want your creativity, excitement, energy, and hard work ethic to help us continue to deliver great solutions to our customers.
Product Manager – PayVus
PayVus® is a revolutionary, end-to-end SMB business credit card issuing platform that combines merchant acquiring and issuing to deliver exceptional value with a modern approach to merchant services. The Product Manager will be responsible for both product planning and marketing of the Aliaswire PayVus product. This includes managing the Product Lifecycle, prioritizing company, and customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with software engineering, to deliver winning products.
- Product Owner: Identify problems and meet needs of internal and external customers, define and prioritize product requirements, lead agile development process, execute timely product launches, continuously enhance and optimize performance.
- Business Analyst: Identify product and feature success metrics, measure, and monitor performance, conduct data analytics to prioritize future development, and identify new product opportunities.
- Subject Matter Expert: Serve as a primary representative for project teams and internal stakeholders, articulate data analytics to drive value to business partners.
- Write product specifications and work directly with other product teams during their product development cycles.
- Leading the development of our growth platform by defining the roadmap of your product area through deep research and understanding of business and technology goals.
- Setting the vision and strategy for our platform products and services that serve both external and internal customers across different business verticals of Aliaswire.
- Championing the definition and creation of key processes, tools, and infrastructure that enable our platform to scale.
- Being able to go deep into both technical huddles with engineers and strategic discussions with executives.
- Bringing solutions to market through ownership of the full product development process: problem identification, solution design, spec, implementation, and validation.
- Managing competing priorities with consistency and transparency.
- Successfully collaborating with partners throughout the company to ensure platform adoption and success.
- 5+ years relevant industry experience in merchant acquiring, card issuing and/or payment processing platforms.
- 5+ years product management experience in a multi-channel Software as a Service environment.
- 5+ years FinTech Product Management
- Experience working with large clients and partners involving complex money and process workflows.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills.
- Must be very comfortable with technical teams, customers, sales staff, and executives.
- Have an entrepreneurial approach, with the drive to make the product very successful and the willingness to perform a breadth of tasks.
- Strong writing, presentation, and telephone skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple demands in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- The ability to write clear, concise internal product specifications and requirements, external communications, and training materials.
- Excellent project management, organizational and time-management.
- Experience with configurable multi-tenant systems and channel sales.
- Degree in Business, Computer Science, or a related field.
Expected Outcome (First 90 Days)
- Learn the Aliaswire product and business domain.
- Learn the current technology direction and platform infrastructure. Work with the team to understand our existing framework, stack, and APIs.
- Assume responsibilities for your team’s deliverables. Work across Engineering to ensure successful deliveries to production.
- Product Managers who possess a combination of human, technology, and business outlook.
- Listening to and understanding partners, clients, and end users.
- Ability to interact with both clients and leadership teams.
- Experience in sales/marketing, consulting, engineering, prior to Product Management role
- Process improvement/Lean/Agile mind-set to build efficient and effective processes.
- People management experience and clear communication skills to help employees of all levels of the organization to effectively understand and resolve their problems.
- Knowledge of Credit/Debit card issuing platforms.
- Understanding of the card networks and players (issuers, ISOs, acquirers).
- Independent and pro-active problem solver and decision-maker.
- Excellent communications skills and ability to converse in both technical and non-technical business contexts.
- Strong working knowledge of industry regulations and legislative guidelines.
- Start-up compatibility, hands-on mentality, integrity, and reliability.
- Ability to collaborate across the organization to gain trust and develop solutions rapidly to urgent business needs.
Physical Job Requirements
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
It is the policy of Aliaswire to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Aliaswire will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.