Join the Team Changing Payments
Aliaswire is leading the way in innovation for payment services and developing the most partner-centric payments company one partnership at a time. To help us continue our success in the market we are looking for individuals with strong technology, service, and support skills. We want your creativity, excitement, energy, and hard work ethic to help us continue to deliver great solutions to our customers.
Software Technical Manager
The role of Software Technical Manager is to lead and mentor the Aliaswire Engineering teams to design new services for our highly-performant FINTECH products. Aliaswire clients range from the largest banks and payment processors in the US, to small entrepreneurs across multiple countries and markets.
This role is out of Burlington, MA – Local Candidates Only.
- Work as a member of the Software Engineering team to manage the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Lead and Mentor development and quality engineering teams to design and develop new features and improvements for best-in-class products
- Manage the Release schedule and deliver quality products in a timely fashion
- Work with Product Management and Product Operations to define and prioritize new features
- Manage critical issue reporting and fixes that may involve many systems in a complex infrastructure
- Manage Release documentation and new feature technical training
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in the software industry as a Software Developer or Software Quality automation engineer for java-based products
- 3+ years of experience as a first line Engineering or Technical Program Manager
- Hands-on experience with at least one Agile Methodology (Scrum, XP, Lean, FDD, Kanban, DSDM) and leading engineering teams through the design to release processes
- Proven track record of delivering product for high volume performant services
- Experience with Eclipse, MySQL, Linux, Ant, Maven, Gradle, and GitLab/GitHub
- Familiarity with Agile Release Engineering and Branching best practices
- Ability to prioritize multiple demands in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Proven skill at anticipating and solving problems
- Ability to mentor and manage a diverse team of on-shore and off-shore resources
- BS Degree in Computer Science or a related field required
- Familiarity with the Financial Services Industry (FINTECH)
- Process improvement/Agile mind-set to build efficient and effective processes
- Clear communication skills to help employees of all levels of the organization to effectively understand and resolve their problems
- Ability to lead and develop team members to achieve an effective and efficient processes
- Independent and pro-active problem solver and decision-maker
- Excellent communications skills and ability to converse in both technical and non-technical business contexts
- Strong working knowledge of industry regulations and legislative guidelines
- Start-up DNA, hands-on mentality, integrity, and reliability
- Ability to collaborate across the organization to gain trust and develop solutions rapidly to urgent business needs.
Physical Job Requirements
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
It is the policy of Aliaswire to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Aliaswire will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.