Join the Team Changing Payments
Aliaswire is leading the way in innovation for payment services and developing the most partner-centric payments company one partnership at a time. To help us continue our success in the market we are looking for individuals with strong technology, service, and support skills. We want your creativity, excitement, energy, and hard work ethic to help us continue to deliver great solutions to our customers.
Principle/Senior Systems Engineer
The Aliaswire Principle/Senior Systems Engineer will operate and scale its Linux based SaaS platform infrastructure in order to meet the demands of the rapid growth.
This role will be responsible for the following:
- Administrate Linux-based production and non-production environments for multiple SaaS product platforms hosted in two data center locations
- Analyze gaps and improve compute and storage infrastructure in the data center, using industry standards and best practices
- Design and deploy monitoring & alerting solutions
- Design and deploy central logging and SIEM solutions
- Develop and maintain Configuration Management solutions
- Troubleshoot critical issues that may involve many systems in a complex infrastructure
- Implement and operating data backup solutions
- Collaborate with application architects and other stakeholders to improve platform reliability (availability, performance, latency)
- Collaborate with InfoSec team and implement security tools and processes including vulnerability scanning & management, SIEM and patch management
- Provide support for application deployment and troubleshooting
- Improve and maintain the documentation of the configuration and operational procedures
- Conduct and improve Incident response procedures
- Conduct and improve DR/BCP procedures
- On-call duties
- 7+ years administrating Linux/Unix based production environments
- 5+ years administrating compute and storage virtualization solutions – VMWare, Cisco USC, NetApp/Dell EMC
- Experience with converged infrastructure frameworks such as FlexPod is a plus
- Strong scripting skills – Bash/Python/Perl/Ansible
- Hands-on experience with implementing configuration management using Puppet/Ansible
- Hands-on experience with deploying and managing monitoring and alerting tools such as Splunk, ELK
- Solid understanding of basic networking concepts (DNS, DHCP, VPN, VPC etc) and TCP/IP stack
- Experience administrating/supporting Tomcat/Java, Apache
- Experience administrating and working with Git/GitLab/GitHub
- Experience with DR/BCP procedures
- Experience working with CI/CD pipelines
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Start-up DNA, hands-on mentality, integrity, and reliability
- Ability to collaborate across the organization to gain trust and develop solutions rapidly to urgent business needs
- Experience in PCI/SOC compliance preferred
- Experience working in an agile environment using SCRUM process preferred
The Aliaswire Payments Platform as a Service was designed to give banks, merchant acquirers and financial service providers a suite of boutique payment services that integrate with and complement their traditional bank offerings.
Aliaswire was built on the premise that every business survives, thrives or dies based on how they manage cash flow. Today we operate on the promise that we will help companies succeed, from the smallest to the largest, by giving them access to secure, innovative and feature-rich payment solutions that will help them grow and win in a competitive world.
Physical Job Requirements:
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
It is the policy of Aliaswire to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Aliaswire will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.