Software Engineer – DirectBiller
- Work as a member of the Software Engineering team to design and develop new features, customer improvements, and fixes into the Aliaswire SaaS payment processing platform
- Work as part of a team building best in class payment processing applications
- Work as a team with other engineers on programming tasks
- Provide analysis of problems, recommend, and implement solutions
- Work independently on design and development tasks
- Troubleshoot critical issues that may involve many systems in a complex infrastructure
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in the software industry as a Software Developer
- Proven skill in development of Java based software using standard best practices for design
- Proven track record of building high volume performant services
- Ability to design and build components and features for a software product from an understanding of Business-driven requirements
- Experience with Eclipse, MySQL, Linux, Ant, Gradle
- Familiarity with Agile development processes
- Ability to prioritize multiple demands in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Skill at anticipating and solving problems
- BS Degree in Computer Science or a related field required, MS preferred
- Familiarity with the Financial Services Industry (FINTECH)
- Process improvement/Agile mind-set to build efficient and effective processes
- Clear communication skills to help employees of all levels of the organization to effectively understand and resolve their problems
- Independent and pro-active problem solver and decision-maker
- Excellent communications skills and ability to converse in both technical and non-technical business contexts
- Strong working knowledge of industry regulations and legislative guidelines
- Start-up DNA, hands-on mentality, integrity, and reliability
- Ability to collaborate across the organization to gain trust and develop solutions rapidly to urgent business needs
Aliaswire is an innovative fintech company based in Boston with a strong track record in delivering patented payments solutions. The company supports leading financial institutions and merchant services providers with turnkey payment and credit offerings built on highly flexible architecture that facilitates simple, rapid deployment. Aliaswire solutions are cloud-based and always-on, providing real-time activity within its PCI-compliant environment.
Physical Job Requirements
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
It is the policy of Aliaswire to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Aliaswire will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.